Friday 9 December 2011

Show Calls

There are "show calls" and then there are Show Calls. The kind of show calls I like are the ones that have me returning day after day to the set living the dream and making good money . This mornings show call was not one of those.
Amazing thing about the telephone. bystanders only hear half of the conversation. So If I call information under the guise of calling about a over billing issue or a problem with a teacher OR A PROBLEM WITH MY EX,  those standing around me will only hear what I say and how I react. I can create an impression of how a conversation went. It is a SHOW.  It is a half truth.  It is a deception. It is something that I have been both the audience for and the "victim" of.
This morning my Ex calls me and asked  "I was wondering if you were planning on paying the child support this month". Slightly offended I informed her that it had been paid and I suggest she contact the disbursement unit.  Of corse this lead to her telling me I was acting like an ass and being mean and playing up to whom ever was there. It is meant to create the illusion that i am a combative argumentative asshole that can not be reasoned with . It has me debating the merits of recording all conversations with her.
For the record I have been assessed to pay her $351.35 due on the the 1st of each month by the the Texas courts. She has sent emails stating that I have not paid the "full amount" and that I am delinquent. I suspect she has lead her husband and mother-in-law it is more than that.
TIME TO EAT THE LAMA
"There are no victims , only volunteers" is a slogan i have heard in recovery. It speaks to owning your part and not being the perpetual victim. There is a point of accountability to this Show Call situation.
While I do not intend on getting caught up in all the  drama the SC bring I do have the responsibility of my reaction. Do I simply ignore and not play this game? Allow her to paint what ever picture she wishes to her people. Or do I expose the facts , and just the facts, to all involved?
The clear path is to expose all the facts to the all involved and leave it at that .  The only way to stop the behavior is to take away the rewards.  The only answer to the show call is the truth.

2 comments: